Thursday, June 11, 2009

Proud Mom


Kathryn has been interning at a tattoo shop for the last two weeks. She tried to convince me this was a great career move because she would make money while in college, she would be using her art skills and she could keep her pink mohawk hairdo. She also reassured me she will never get a tattoo. The other night she came home excited and told me "Spider" (his tattoo name) said she was doing great! She also told me that she informed the tattoo shop I was single and 37 years old (which is accurate by the way). Last night she came home and was excited as she asked me if she could borrow some money. She needed to buy a few grapefruits because they are teaching her to tattoo today. As I reached for the ol' debit card her little life flased through my mind, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry?

3 comments:

Julie said...

We've all done such a good job raising your children! *sniff* I'm such a proud 'other mom'!

Tara said...

Laugh... and then cry.

Alicia Ballard said...

just keep taking notes.. those of us with younger kids are watching.....and you should be a proud mom! you're one of my heros!