Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The little black slip

Last Sunday I snuck out my front door wearing only a shirt and my black slip - I needed to move the water. It was going to be a quick in and out - stealth like. My neighbor happened to be outside and said hello so we began talking. Before I knew it some more neighbors appeared and joined the conversation. I stood there in my black slip hoping no one would notice. I watched their eyes carefully looking for any downward glances. No one noticed I was in my slip, my cute little black slip with 3 inches of black lace, just passed the knee. The black slip I wear to church each week with my black skirt, my prettiest and favorite slip of all time! The nerve of them to not acknowlege the black slip, did they not care? Well I guess I will find out next Sunday when the Emperor wears her new outfit - a bikini.