Friday, October 17, 2008

IT IS SCARY !!


I have 4 teenagers and prefer to just go ahead and round it up to 5 teenagers, because it is around the corner and it is going to happen. People who have already been through the teenage years tell me: "Don't worry about it", "It'll be okay", and the infamous "It'll all work out.." to which I rebute: "I will", "It won't", and "You are old and have forgotten what it was like." That said I just want to assure all that I have made it a daily goal to avoid prison at all cost and let my children continue living.
Selfishly, I relish the thought of my golden years, while living in my small exquisite castle-like one bedroom condo with only a peep hole for visitors and a mail drop for gifts. I will rock in my rocking chair and chuckle as I lick a birthday card envelope and attach a decorative stamp for each of my teenage grandchildren.

1 comment:

Alicia Ballard said...

do not say that! some days the thought that 'Nancy survived this and so can I' it the only thing that keeps me going. I'm watching you..... always watching (insert the voice of Roz from Monsters Inc. here)