Friday, August 7, 2009

Week at a Glance


I had a "large" week as Namina would say. Karl (my stepfather) was diagnosed with brain cancer on Saturday July 26th and had brain surgery on Friday July 31st. My Mom's breast cancer has now spread to her internal organs. She is on medication to hopefully reduce the cancer cells. Paul has been in a rehabilitation center for a foot infection and just went back into the hospital yesterday. My fence blew over during a wind storm. Kamille has decided she needs to use my make-up and blow dryer. Jake is homesick and misses his new wife. I gave up asking Hunter to water the back yard, brown grass is the new green right? I walked/crawled my first 5K. In my mind I was at the front of the line running through the tape, but in reality I plugged along at the end of the race. I've ordered a nervous breakdown al-a-mode, but it hasn't shown up.

As I look back on this week I don't see all the stress. I see wonderful people who surround me and my family to help and bless us; great neighbors who help repair fences; Kamille growing up; Jake texting and emailing me for advice; an okay back yard that will have to wait for perfectness next summer; and me bursting through the tape at the finish line. Weird huh?

2 comments:

Rodriguez Family said...

I'm sorry that you've had a hard week! You're amazing Nancy!

thumpurr3 said...

You are an inspiration to us all Nancy...and don't just blow off that comment - I REALLY mean it.